Posted on: Friday August 21, 2020
The upward trajectory and growing ration of the global e-commerce industry will remain continuous this year too. Entrepreneurs looking to start their stores for the first time, and those are having an online store now possess an excellent opportunity for promising success and sustainability.
Those having a little doubt in whatever we are saying here must look at growth data of the e-commerce industry in the past 7 years. From $3.3 billion in 2013 to $16 billion in 2019, and trend suggests that UAE e-commerce sales in 2022 will be approx. $24billion. This data indicates that online commerce sales will are grow every year. If these numbers hold, that means 50% percent growth from this year to the end of 2022.
Now since the e-commerce business, sales are poised for continuous growth in the coming months and years. The only way of gaining good results is through a proper approach in correct ways. Are you willing to make your business more than successful? We can be a help by enlisting top 9 pro-tips to make your e-commerce business wildly successful:
(1) Build A Strong Foundation: All those looking to be successful in their e-commerce business must ensure that the foundation is firm and unshakable. There have been instances of businesses getting toppled after seeing a little success. The reason behind failure is an unstable business model for the entire process to begin. Your primitive goal should be organic traffic with lesser bounce rates.
(2) Never Rush In The Launch: A sustainable business always emerges victorious in the test of time. Those who are planning to launch something similar needs to remember that “patience is a virtue.” It’s mandated to conduct proper research before launching a business website, especially in the e-commerce domain. Sometimes it’s easy to adopt a trending idea, but it will ultimately end-up after giving short-termed success. Better start by purchasing a unique domain name for your store, and leave “coming soon” for pinching your prospect customers. Never try to initiate that launch unless important factors like SEO, content marketing, shipping, and suppliers get sorted out completely.
(3) Keep Users In Mind: Always remember that ‘customer is king’ for every business and those taking it lightly get doomed. You can hire the best of professionals to accomplishing the primary tasks; website designing and development, online marketing, shipping, and logistics, but if a customer is not satisfied, then all these go waste. Providing an ultimate user experience should be your primary concern. And to achieve this, a few essential factors like smooth navigation, page load speeds, product information, secure checkout process, and customer support must be kept as mandatory.
(4) Be Social Every Time: Social media platforms have been a game-changer for every business, especially e-commerce. Since the business is online, it’s useful to connect directly with prospects using social media platforms to have a close look at their choice along with letting them know about the benefits of belonging to your company. But remember to segregate the age group of your targeted customers for having clarity of which platforms to join. Also, search for a social media manager to get the complete analytical data to understand your customer’s attitude or behavior towards e-commerce business. It would be helpful for you to bring out some exclusive products needing it the most. And lastly, be involved yourself without thinking about outsourcing as it takes the heart away.
(5) Mobile Is The Future: The world is getting fit inside ‘cellular’ these days leaving personal computers far-behind since more users nowadays prefer mobile phones instead of traditional PCs. Moreover, this scenario will remain continuous in forthcoming times too. There is a considerable probability of your prospective customer’s visiting your online store majorly through smartphones. Make sure that your e-commerce website design is universally compatible with every device, and you can go that extra mile to build a mobile app. In easy words, ensure that every platform you present before global users remain smooth, intuitive, and easy as one could be.
(6) Maximize Your SEO: The increasing competition in the e-commerce industry will deepen as the world is getting shifted online. Staying ahead of your competition is the call of the hour for every business, and one should not be a bit lazy in online marketing efforts. Because if you do it, then someone looking to conquer will replace you. Smartest SEO techniques are the only thing that favors any business in the cutthroat competition by securing their place on top positions in SERP’s where they can churn out more conversions. We advise you to put every effort into your SEO and never-give-up. Just overcome every obstacle in the proper optimization of your website and campaigns.
(7) Cybersecurity Is Essential: Like everything, the ever-fascinating internet world has also got a lot of evil cybercriminals looking to claim the sensitive information or hard-earned cash from users illegally. It can be quickly done in e-commerce stores due to several instances of abandoned carts where a prospective buyer left the purchase process incomplete at the checkout phase due to one reason or the other.
Businesses investing in online stores must pay excellent attention to this issue and implement a proper cybersecurity mechanism to keep client’s data safe. You can opt for getting an SSL certificate or a less-priced EV SSL certificate to activate a green padlock and HTTPS on the browser. Just trigger a padlock to check your company’s details and assure the clients of being on a genuine platform. Complying with PCI-DSS card industry regulations mandatory requires an SSL certificate.
(8) Data Collection Is Imperative: What is the most powerful asset in the cyber world? If you are thinking about money, then think again! Data/Information holds the same position as currency does in the physical world. True entrepreneurs never stop themselves from trying one business after another without fail and surprisingly gets successful too. But the question here is, how do they do it? Well, they always focus on the collection and analysis of customer data. They understand how crucial is the creation of a database where all the customer information like their email addresses and birthdays are stored. Further, this data is used to set a personalized relationship with customers using the simplest gestures, like sending a birthday email with a coupon code that can prove fruitful to earn customer loyalty.
(9) Evolution Is The Key: The history of the human race significantly proves one point that “Evolution always wins.” You will find this thing in common with every successful business of each era. Trying something new, do experiments, and take bold steps, unlike any other, made them explore the possibilities to a closer extent. Also, they prefer keeping themselves updated and flow with the industry current to stay around and accommodated. Remember that changing up with times will save you from getting outdated and consumed by hungrier competitors.
Some Last Words: Always remember that the e-commerce industry is getting highly competitive every passing day, and grabbing the attention of already tapped consumer base can be tricky. You might offer the best products, but if no one is there to appreciate, it’s better to leave the podium. It’s important to understand that entrepreneurship is a field for highly dynamic personals who always prefer staying ahead with the competition. We hope that the tips mentioned above to make your e-commerce business widely successful will help you, in the same way, to become immensely successful if appropriately implemented. Just make sure to stay in touch with new trends to ensure that your business doesn’t become extinct.