Posted on: Monday May 4, 2020
WhatsApp emerged as popular free messaging app that’s owned by Facebook. One can easily send text messages, photos, audio files, and videos to other users in private and group chats. Several Instagram users wanted to add WhatsApp icon on their Instagram profiles. When you click on it, another screen appears to swipe. After that, we can straightly move into WhatsApp chat.
Here we’ve discussed a simple way for inserting Whatsapp chat link to an Instagram profile:
How does it work?
This option is available for verified Instagram business accounts having more than 10,000 followers. However it doesn’t allow others to put a clickable link in stories. You just need to put click-to-chat WhatsApp link in a story and highlight it on your Instagram profile:
1. Prepare an image for Story Post using the Photoshop where the size of image must be 1080×1920 pixels.
2. Upload the created design to the picture gallery of your cellphone.
3. Open Instagram app on your mobile phone and tap “Your Story” at the upper left in feed section.
4. To create a new story post, tap on the image appearing at the bottom left and choose the created image from library.
5. Just click on the chain icon. In the new window, type WhatsApp link as “https://api.whatsapp.com/send?phone=123456789012”. Always remember that digits in last denominate the phone number in international format. As you see, it should be written with any zeros or “+” sign, brackets or dashes.
6. Now tap the “tick” button to upload the story. You can go to the story highlight to check whether it’s shown permanently in your profile.
If you know any other creative way to add WhatsApp link on Instagram story, feel free to share them with us in the comments section below.
Are you looking to intensify your brands online presence? Switch to our comprehensive digital marketing services now!